Routine Family Meetings
When everybody in the family is incredibly busy, we often forget to take the time necessary to reconnect and check in with one another. parentStrategy tips:
- Make a mandatory family meeting once a week (Sundays are excellent because it doubles as an organizational tool for school).
- Review the past week and prepare for the upcoming week.
- Everybody has a turn to bring up any issue or report on any event.
- The focus of this meeting is not discipline.
- No blaming, scapegoating or name calling allowed in the meeting.
- Keep the tone of the meeting positive.